Description of the scope of training
The objective of interdisciplinary studies with a specialisation in applied computer science is to train future graduates who combine managerial skills with specialised knowledge in the field of computer science. The combination of economics and IT-related knowledge opens up the possibilities of finding a rewarding job and is a solid foundation for the future career in the modern environment of the Internet economy.
This study programme is addressed to the candidates with both bachelor’s degree and engineer’s degree.
Are you an engineer? Become a manager! Do you have a bachelor’s degree? Apply computer science!
What will you learn?
- Graduates possess practical knowledge that combines managerial skills with expertise in IT methods and tools supporting problem solving and decision making in the management field.
- We conduct laboratory classes that provide the opportunity to practice solving real problems in the following areas: databases, portals (planning, implementation, administration); knowledge processing, business intelligence; business process planning, reporting, document flow; decision-making process support and more.
Your educational pathway
- Computer-aided decision making
- Database programming
- Database administration
- Business Intelligence and data warehouse engineering process
- Neural networks in economics and management
- Modelling and simulation of business processes according to BPMN
Future job prospects
The study programme corresponds to the current and projected needs of the labour market.
Graduates of the Applied Computer Science second-cycle programme are qualified to work in managerial positions in IT companies, as well as in organisations and companies using IT tools and systems. They can work as:
- IT managers
- business analysts,
- e-business information systems designers,
- architects specialised in systems integration,
- knowledge managers,
- database consultants,
- specialists in business process modelling and simulation in the iGrafx environment.
- Macroeconomics II 8 ECTS
- Quantitative methods in management 6 ECTS
- Statistics in management 6 ECTS
- Strategic management 4 ECTS
- Psychology in Management 3 ECTS
- Process management 5 ECTS
- Security Management 3 ECTS
- Scope of training
- Business English 2 ECTS
- Philosophy 5 ECTS
- Operational Research 5 ECTS
- Entrepreneurship 6 ECTS
- Sustainable development financing 7 ECTS
- MA seminar 5 ECTS
- Scope of training
The reasons to study second-cycle programme in Management at the WSZiB in Cracow
Wide range of curricula
Our own intranet platforms
Modern IT tools
Professional teaching staff
Unique study atmosphere
Opportunities to study abroad
See also other scopes of training
- Human resource management
- Financial management
- Law in Business
- Investment project manager
- Purchase and supply chain management