Description of the scope of training
The most important and valuable resource in the 21st century, the period of information revolution, is data. Someone who has access to it and who can use it effectively, benefits from a better position and competitive advantage and also reduces the risk of wrong decisions and misguided investments. However, in order to achieve this goal, suitably qualified specialists – data engineers – are needed.
The objective of the Database study programme is to train future specialists who will design the architecture of analytical and reporting solutions, but also build and implement them. Thus, in the course curriculum you will find topics related to the design of relational, multidimensional, document-oriented and graph databases.
During the course we will discuss the principles of visualisation and preparation of data for the purpose and conduct of machine learning processes. Practical projects regarding applied artificial intelligence are an important focus.
What will you learn?
If you choose this study module, you will learn literally everything about modern databases. Therefore, we will teach you the administration and maintenance of database systems. We will explain you what data modelling is and how to create business data models. The explanation will be complemented by data analysis and visualisation. You will also become familiar with the latest trends related to artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Your educational pathway
- Administration and maintenance of database systems
- Modelling of multidimensional data
- Complex project
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Database architecture
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
Future job prospects
Data analysts and engineers are nowadays listed among the most sought-after specialists on the labour market. They can find employment in government organisations and companies in virtually any industry – wherever data sets are created and processed. Such specialists are particularly sought after by financial institutions, banks, insurers, telecommunications companies, and companies operating large wholesale and retail chains. They may also find interesting employment opportunities in IT sector companies, especially those conducting research and development projects and implementing modern, smart technologies.
- English 12 ECTS
- Linear algebra with the elements of analytic geometry 8 ECTS
- Mathematical analysis 8 ECTS
- Ergonomics/Health and safety in the IT specialist profession 2 ECTS
- Philosophy/Ethics of new technologies 1 ECTS
- Foundations of Computer Science 8 ECTS
- Operating systems 5 ECTS
- Algorithms and complexity 8 ECTS
- C and C++ Programming
- 6 ECTS
- Physics for IT specialists 6 ECTS
- Java programming 5 ECTS
- Formal languages and compilers 4 ECTS
- Foundations of electronics and digital systems with the elements of metrology 4 ECTS
- Computer networks
- Graphics and human-computer interaction 4 ECTS
- Discrete mathematics 4 ECTS
- 4 ECTS
- Copyright/intellectual property protection 2 ECTS
- Concurrent and distributed programming
- Computer systems security 5 ECTS
- Calculation methods and simulation 5 ECTS
- Artificial intelligence and expert systems 5 ECTS
- Advanced database systems 5 ECTS
- Scope of training
- 5 ECTS
- Computer law
- Diploma seminar/final thesis
- Scope of training 4 ECTS
- Internship 3 miesiące
- E-business challenges/Non-technical aspects of computer games design 5 ECTS
- 2 ECTS
The reasons to study Computer Science at the WSZiB in Cracow
Real engineering studies
Different educational pathways
Certified teachers and practitioners
Unique study atmosphere
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
Proprietary web services
Studies without borders
Are you interested in our offer?
Do not hesitate, choose WSZiB and take care of your future
or check out the Admissions Office