Description of the scope of training
Computer systems and networks are the foundations of modern Computer Science. This study module has been designed to emphasise the knowledge and skills in the design and construction of core services such as local and wide area networks (LAN and WAN), authentication, authorisation, and accounting mechanisms based on protocols such as Kerberos and LDAP.
In addition to local solutions, you will become familiar with the most popular cloud computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. In addition, we will show you how to create an information system architecture and present the operation of a modern ERP class system.
What will you learn?
We will teach you how to design, build, configure and maintain your network infrastructure. We will show you how to manage server systems from the MS Windows and Linux family. We will explain what virtual instances, data storage services, software-defined networking, and database services (SQL and noSQL types) are in MS Azure and Amazon Web Services.
All of this will be complemented by a deep insight into information systems design and implementation.
Your educational pathway
- Administration of cloud services
- Information systems in production and management
- Complex project
- Domain service administration
- Directory service administration
- Information systems
Future job prospects
This study programme will help you to develop the skills necessary for effective teamwork. Graduates with a degree in Computer Systems and Networks are sought after by companies dealing with IT systems integration, implementation and consulting services, data processing, administration of complex systems and their resources, outsourcing of IT services, distribution of hardware and software, as well as organising trainings.
- English 12 ECTS
- Linear algebra with the elements of analytic geometry 8 ECTS
- Mathematical analysis 8 ECTS
- Ergonomics/Health and safety in the IT specialist profession 2 ECTS
- Philosophy/Ethics of new technologies 1 ECTS
- Foundations of Computer Science 8 ECTS
- Operating systems 5 ECTS
- Algorithms and complexity 8 ECTS
- C and C++ Programming
- 6 ECTS
- Physics for IT specialists 6 ECTS
- Java programming 5 ECTS
- Formal languages and compilers 4 ECTS
- Foundations of electronics and digital systems with the elements of metrology 4 ECTS
- Computer networks
- Graphics and human-computer interaction 4 ECTS
- Discrete mathematics 4 ECTS
- 4 ECTS
- Copyright/intellectual property protection 2 ECTS
- Concurrent and distributed programming
- Computer systems security 5 ECTS
- Calculation methods and simulation 5 ECTS
- Artificial intelligence and expert systems 5 ECTS
- Advanced database systems 5 ECTS
- Scope of training
- 5 ECTS
- Computer law
- Diploma seminar/final thesis
- Scope of training 4 ECTS
- Internship 3 miesiące
- E-business challenges/Non-technical aspects of computer games design 5 ECTS
- 2 ECTS