Description of the scope of training
The objective of the Object-oriented programming programme is to train future specialists who will design and implement IT systems based on Java programming language and JEE technologies. The curriculum encompasses courses regarding the basic theoretical and practical issues of Java programming language and related technologies and their practical implementation in projects, taking into account safety aspects and operational efficiency.
Therefore, if you choose this study module, you will gain universal knowledge regarding the implementation of systems based on JEE. You will also learn Java programming language, JEE technologies and be able to use tools related to teamwork and software development using best practices. During your studies, we will also present you different approaches to creating the architecture of such systems.
What will you learn?
Thanks to this module, you will gain practical knowledge of designing and developing software in one of the most popular object-oriented programming languages – JAVA.
Therefore, we will teach you what object-orientation is. We will explain you what JAVA is and demonstrate how to use your knowledge in order to create web applications.
The course will be complemented by a demonstration of modern programming tools and software testing methodologies.
Your educational pathway
- Introduction to object-oriented programming
- Advanced elements of JAVA programming language
- Design patterns
- Web technologies and programming tools
- Programming tools, testing and methodology
Future job prospects
The project that is included in the curriculum of this specialisation provides a broader perspective of the study topics and develops teamwork-related skills. Graduates of this specialisation are highly sought after on the job market, especially by large, multinational corporations that design applications and systems for large business clients.
- English 12 ECTS
- Linear algebra with the elements of analytic geometry 8 ECTS
- Mathematical analysis 8 ECTS
- Discrete mathematics 8 ECTS
- Ergonomics/Health and safety in the IT specialist profession 1 ECTS
- Social and professional issues of Computer Science/Computer Science prospects 2 ECTS
- Philosophy/Ethics of new technologies 2 ECTS
- Foundations of Computer Science 8 ECTS
- Operating systems 5 ECTS
- Algorithms and complexity 6 ECTS
- C and C++ Programming 6 ECTS
- Physics for IT specialists 9 ECTS
- Probabilistic methods and statistics 9 ECTS
- Economics/Marketing of new technologies 1 ECTS
- Java programming 4 ECTS
- Formal languages and compilers 4 ECTS
- Databases 4 ECTS
- Foundations of electronics and digital systems with the elements of metrology 5 ECTS
- Computer networks 4 ECTS
- Graphics and human-computer interaction 4 ECTS
- Copyright/intellectual property protection 3 ECTS
- Computer architectures 5 ECTS
- Embedded systems 5 ECTS
- Concurrent and distributed programming 5 ECTS
- Computer systems security 5 ECTS
- Internet and its applications 5 ECTS
- Calculation methods and simulation 5 ECTS
- Artificial intelligence and expert systems 5 ECTS
- Advanced database systems 5 ECTS
- ICT systems security 2 ECTS
- Scope of training
- Computer law 2 ECTS
- Diploma seminar/final thesis 4 ECTS
- Techniques of setting up and running a company/Business plan for an IT project 2 ECTS
- Internship 3 miesiące
- E-business challenges/Non-technical aspects of computer games design 5 ECTS
- IT project management 2 ECTS
- Scope of training