The Computer Science programme at the WSZiB is a course oriented towards technical topics that prepares the students to work as IT specialists in any career path they choose! The curriculum consists of two areas: canonical subjects – the classes where students acquire the knowledge and skills essential for any IT specialist, and practical elective modules that will allow you to specialise in your chosen field. This way of designing the curriculum allows to emphasise the technical aspects of the IT specialist’s jobs, but also outlines possible career and professional development paths.
as well as part-time programmes
The programme takes
up to 3.5 years
Total number of hours
(lectures, practical classes, laboratories, consultations, e-learning)
What will you learn?
- You will gain comprehensive engineering knowledge of contemporary IT solutions.
- You will be prepared for analytical creative work as well as project and administration-related tasks.
- You will be a valuable candidate on the job market, thanks to your competencies in modern computer networks, advanced database systems, complex information systems, and also object-oriented programming.
- You will learn about the structure and functioning of computer hardware and software in 11 well-equipped laboratories. We will also present you the practical aspects of creating and managing computer networks and their security.
- We will explain you the difference between computer systems security and network security.
- During your studies, you will acquire the knowledge from the field of computer architectures.
- Lab classes will give you some insight into programming, including parallel systems and distributed systems programming.
- You will familiarise yourself modern IT tools and technologies that support the management process, as well as innovative methods of modelling and creative use of Computer Science – all of this thanks to the knowledge of computer simulation methods, artificial intelligence and expert systems.
- However, soft skills will not be overlooked – you will get to know the social aspects of an IT specialist’s profession and learn how to effectively manage: a project and a team
Your educational pathwayPo zakończeniu podstawowego etapu kształcenia dokonasz wyboru profesjonalnych umiejętności, które chcesz pogłębić (zakresy kształcenia):
- bazy danych
- programowanie obiektowe
- systemy i sieci komputerowe
Future job prospects
Graduates of the engineer’s degree programme in Computer Science are ready to work in:
- computer software development
- computer systems administration
- implementation of IT systems supporting the management process
- designing with the use of computer methods
- advanced database systems
Scope of training